Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thinking You're Thinking Clearly....

     Well, as Fo told you early last week, she had a small accident. Okay, more like a major sports injury that turned life topsy turvy on her. In typical Fo fashion, she's been handling it with an upbeat attitude, and has been remarkably optimistic and good spirited through the whole thing. I'll get more into the our post-surgery adventures with her later. 

     First, I'm going to rewind to the night before the injury. Since we hadn't hung out in awhile, Fo and I decided to go out for some appetizers and drinks (and if we met some cute guys in the process, kudos to us). We went to a local bar/restaurant called "The Beer Exchange". Lets just say Fo had her sassy pants on, and had some pretty hilarious quotes during the course of the night. 
The first came when we were trying to get some seats together at the bar, and with only one open, we were kind of squished in between people. Somehow we got on a subject to make her say: 
             "I should wear a scarlet A for Awkward." 
     Now, that's a take on The Scarlet Letter I haven't heard before! Obviously, we both started hysterically laughing. Good thing the people beside us didn't mind. The second came when I had her try an IPA I ordered
            "They make me want to scratch my tongue off!" 
     Clearly, she hates IPAs. One of the best moments of the night came when we realized there was a baby, in/at the bar. Carried in a baby carrier, by the dad. The dad was just walking around with his party, going up the the bar and ordering drinks, all with baby securely attached to his chest, and its head covered by it's blanket. (YEAH, it was weird). After an hour of this nonsense, Fo says what everyone is thinking: 
            "I can't believe that guy is here wearing his baby!" 
     (OK, reading that quote makes it not seem as funny now, but I guess you had to be there). Then, we went to the other bar downstairs, where she made me finish her drink (a.k.a. drink it all), and I made her drive home. 

    NOW... Fast forward to this past Thursday, which was Fo's surgery day. I drove up to her house to see her and help her out. Her mom was there as well, but was leaving the next day to start getting ready for the upcoming Texas road trip. She was really chatty and acting pretty much normal, despite the enormous splint on her foot/leg. Fo was convinced that the pain meds had no weird effects on her (HA...). Well, we'd see that change the next day. 

     The next day, Fo woke up feeling pretty good, and since both her and I had some errands to do, we went out on a small adventure. Fo was pretty worried that she will get out of shape during this whole process, but after crutching a block and a half to get to HopCat for lunch, she decided her arms and left leg were going to be pretty buff by the end of it. 

     You're probably wondering how the title of this post works in. Well, "thinking you're thinking clearly" is exactly what Fo was like on her pain meds. She felt normal, but she wasn't quite acting like it. The meds essentially made her very chatty, and dissolved the filter between her brain and mouth. Yes, pretty much everything she was thinking was blurted out, including "The pain meds don't do anything to me. I feel fiiiine!" Sure... 


               (This was elevation. "It feels good! And it's good for me!")

                        ("I'm just getting my shoes!" Yes, I can tell.) 

     Just for the record, Fo did admit the next morning that the pain meds, especially when taken on an empty stomach, made her feel loopy. All in all though, Fo was fun to hang out with/take care of, whether she was drugged up or not. ;) And being her chauffeur was also pretty amusing. 

     On another note, my weekend was a bit more than playing "nurse". I ran The Color Run Saturday morning, with a great group of people. It is touted as "the happiest 5k on the planet", and I'd have to agree. It was a blast! We were all a big mess of colors by the end of it. For me, I was mainly purple. 



     That night, I went to a Detroit Tigers game with my sisters and cousins. Once again, it was an awesome time. I hadn't been to a game in a couple of years, and this was a great one to see - playing AL Central rivals, the Chicago White Sox. 


It was a beautiful night for a game.

     Before we went into the park, we saw a newlywed couple and their wedding party taking some unique pictures outside the gates. Now, that is a great idea for wedding photos (that is, if you're both Tigers fans). 


     I hope you found this post entertaining (despite it being on the long side). I'm sure one of us will write soon. After all, Fo is down in Texas for a wedding right now, and I'm sure she'll have some good stories for us when she gets back. 

Blessings,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment