Monday, September 16, 2013

Let Go. Let God.



“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11 

I’m constantly telling myself “Let Go, and Let God” and I truly believe in the value of working to follow those words of wisdom.  That being said, I will be honest: that is much easier said than done.  However, I also know that it’s worth it and I will be a happier person if I learn to listen to my own advice.  Sometimes being type A is all fine and great, but other times it proposes an added challenge.  It means that letting go of control is harder.  It means that I like to plan and have things all mapped out.  As much as my worldly brain makes me want to make all the decisions, understand all the hard stuff, and plan out the future, I am thankful that I don’t have to sit here with the worries of the world on my shoulders, because I know God is in control.   Sometimes I just need to remind myself that I don’t have to have it all planned out, because HE already does.  I think it’s important to remember that “letting go, and letting God” does not mean totally sitting on the sidelines.  To me, it means seeking God in everything, allowing yourself to be a little vulnerable, but it does not mean blindly walking through life and hoping for the best.  Instead, it means learning to listen, to follow, to trust, to hope, to have faith, and to ultimately keep God as the cornerstone and source of guidance and direction in every aspect of life. 

And so I leave you with this.  Let Go. Let God. 

-Fo

No comments:

Post a Comment